Lobsterfest at Newport Beach
Lobsterfest Foundation Board of Directors
Tim Brown, Chairman, Stephanie Murguia, Secretary/Treasurer
Mireya Llaurardo, General Counsel
Event Director, Peggy Fort, CMC Inc.
Make-A-Wish Foundation Liaison: Angela Wise
• What organization or charities will benefit from the proceeds of the event?
Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. A $7,500.00 donation will be made to Make-A-Wish® Orange County and the Inland Empire to adopt a local child’s wish.
• What kind of music?
The band this year is Pinch Me! Band, a high energy four piece dance band covering everything from Contemporary Rock to Hip Hop, 90's Alternative, 70's Disco/Funk and 80's New Wave/Rock...guaranteed to keep the party rolling!
• I know that the gates open at 2:00 pm, but what time will the dinner be served?
Dinner is served from 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm. *Please Note: Lobster Service ends at 5:30 pm.
• What is on the menu?
Whole Maine Lobster, Boiled Prawns & Clams, Coleslaw, Red Potatoes, Corn-on-the-Cob, Freshly Baked Rolls, and Dessert.
• What kind of lobster will be served?
We fly in Whole Maine Lobster through Anderson's Seafood the day of the event.
• Is the whole lobster served or is it just the tail?
The whole lobster is served, and you'll have the option of having it chopped.
• Will the lobster be cooked?
The lobster will be boiled.
• What if I have a child 12 years or under who will not eat lobster?
Box lunches consisting of a turkey sandwich, chips, fruit, and a cookie will be available on site can be purchased in advance with your Lobsterfest tickets.
• What if my son or daughter who is 14 doesn't like lobster?
There are alternative meal options to lobster including shrimp, sides, salads, bread, vegetables and dessert.
• Will there be spirits served?
There will only be beer and wine served for purchase in General Admission. VIP ticket holders receive complimentary Beer & Wine.
• Are you offering any discount on tickets for volunteers?
Volunteers will be provided a meal which includes sandwich, chips and soft drink. Should a volunteer want to eat a lobster dinner they would have to purchase a regular admission ticket.
• Will I receive tickets to the event in the mail after purchasing them at the website?
Your ticket will be available for you to print immediately after purchase. Be sure to print the ticket for each of your guests. Those tickets will be used for electronic check-in at the gate on the day of the event.
• Will there be tickets sold at the door?
There may be a limited number of General Admission tickets available on the day of the event for $110.00 each.
• Are all ticket sales final?
There will no refunds for tickets purchased in advance.
• What if I have never eaten a whole lobster before?
There will be place mats with instructions on how to use the claw cracker and what part of the lobster to eat. Check out the video below by Chef Andrew Gruel of the famous seafood restaurant chain, Slapfish on "How to Eat a Lobster!"
HOW TO EAT A LOBSTER